The Man behind the Mask

The Man behind the Mask
However, - As Alice will tell you - What you see is not necessarily - What you get !

About Me

My photo
I think of myself as a Hippie, your opinion is noted for sure. I’m not lazy or dirty or weird, + I know not if there is a cure. I live my life as I do wish to, you may not be my number 1 fan. But I have my beliefs and my feelings, allow me them if you so can. Peace Justice + freedom are uppermost, in the mental list I have in my head.I am not for oppression + violence, my opinion, I feel, must be said. Don’t mock as I sit with my flowers, cut out all those jibes at my dress. Don’t treat me with contempt + with fury, it’s the World that is sat in a mess. I know I annoy you with questions, I know that you wish me away. But I’m here to stay + I promise, if you listen then you’ll realise one day. I am not full of hot air + rubbish, there are remedies that can be found. But we must work together, as comrades + work out the ideas that are sound. If you don’t + you shun me forever, don’t take in the things that I say. I’ll sympathise + continue to irritate, + always I'll remain so this way.

My Girls

My Girls
At their Hotel (?)

Friday 13 April 2012

HEROES + HEROINES: - REVIEW

I am indebted to the website (http://krasskova.weebly.com/our-pagan-and-heathen-heroes-and-martyrs.html) for noting with reflective reverence historical; and indeed legendary figures whose courage and passion has seen them ostracised, ridiculed and with fatal intent been hunted down for their beliefs and conviction of conscience.
From this list I make note, and acknowledge the following:-
Sitting Bull: the Native American leader of the Hunkpapa Lakota Sioux tribe, most noted for his masterminding of the defeat of United States elite 7th Cavalry force at 'Little Big horn', was a spiritual leader who defended his people with principles passed down of simple traditions; including the infamous Ghost dancing. Given to afford assistance to others whose persecution had driven them to despair and near death, this Warrior chief was more a defender and protector than war monger - though in the end a martyr for his beliefs.
Whilst in the U.K. we had Queen Boadicea, a true Warrior Queen, who after suffering atrocity to her own and daughters bodies led her people of Iceni; along with the Trinovantes tribe to initial success against the might of Roman Empire in Britain; cultist of Andrasta the Romano-Celtic goddess of war; a patron goddess of the Iceni tribe she was a powerful leader and true inspiration for others who followed (and to whom the iconic Britannica is modelled upon)
Well that was "WAY back in the day" more up to date fellows of note include:-
Lady Sintana: (Candace Lehrman White: 1937-2010) Wiccan priestess, founder of the Ravenwood Church and Seminary of Wicca in NC,. In addition to being a centre for the study of Wicca, the Church also became known as a refuge for abused girls and battered women.
Merlin Stone: (1931-2011) professor of art history, sculptor, author of the influential book “When God Was a Woman.” The book led to many people to Wicca, Paganism, and other forms of Goddess-respectful worship.
Bronwen Forbes: (1963-2011): Wiccan elder, co-founder of Free Spirit Alliance, author and frequent contributor to Circle Newsletter and Witchvox.
Frank Chimes (Wulfmann):  (1955-2011) An Anglo Saxon Heathen and mystic, founding member of ‘A Heathen Thing.” With an unquenchable thirst for knowledge about ancient Heatheny.
Again I note the website of (http://krasskova.weebly.com/our-pagan-and-heathen-heroes-and-martyrs.html) for the inspiration to learn more about those witch went before us - education is the pre-cursor of any future development - Thank you for doing so you heroes/heroines - Methinks

No comments:

Post a Comment