The Man behind the Mask

The Man behind the Mask
However, - As Alice will tell you - What you see is not necessarily - What you get !

About Me

My photo
I think of myself as a Hippie, your opinion is noted for sure. I’m not lazy or dirty or weird, + I know not if there is a cure. I live my life as I do wish to, you may not be my number 1 fan. But I have my beliefs and my feelings, allow me them if you so can. Peace Justice + freedom are uppermost, in the mental list I have in my head.I am not for oppression + violence, my opinion, I feel, must be said. Don’t mock as I sit with my flowers, cut out all those jibes at my dress. Don’t treat me with contempt + with fury, it’s the World that is sat in a mess. I know I annoy you with questions, I know that you wish me away. But I’m here to stay + I promise, if you listen then you’ll realise one day. I am not full of hot air + rubbish, there are remedies that can be found. But we must work together, as comrades + work out the ideas that are sound. If you don’t + you shun me forever, don’t take in the things that I say. I’ll sympathise + continue to irritate, + always I'll remain so this way.

My Girls

My Girls
At their Hotel (?)

Monday 6 April 2009

Annual Review

Having just completed a 3 week leave of absence from work, I have had the opportunity to look back and review the events of the past 12 month period which has seen me take a new direction, a former route along the avenue of life that I once walked upon, but also tinged with sadness for the loss of a mentor and role model। My tale as it should do began in April, when the first quarter blossoms life। A quiet start though an ever increasing awareness of what the WWW could open up.
Encouragement from an unlikely source, a writing forum of another country, in the form of snap comments, on and of issues that had been familiar in my youth। Upon reflection I realised these values I still held true, and although changes in social improvement had occurred, fundamental problems were still evident. So with writings anew, I returned in poem, prose and essay to a wider audience. The’ General’ of operations being “Skip Stone”, after reading his book I felt back in touch with the philosophies of my youth again and hoped that my writings would give an insight for others – to consider.
Avalon was the highlight of the second period। Amidst the festival of Mind, body and spirit, I was touched both mentally and physically with a feeling of refreshment and reinvigoration। Enlightened with insight of the demons within/without me, the Angel that protected, and the provision of answers to unasked questions। Paranoia had been a defence mechanism against the dark shadows that crept with sly intent। Although this seeming flaw had substance, I was assured through word and action, that my guardian had overcome the spectre and would remain to shield me from the arrows of outrageous persecution. This gave me renewed confidence and the inner strength to be bold, stand up for the principles and values that were taught to me by my parents, and those special friends that visit me in my deepest despair, in visions that only I can see
Tragedy in the 3rd quarter saw the loss of my father – a man whose honour, virtue and dignity I try hard to aspire to। Though I still wrestle with the flaws of my individuality, I’d like to think that he would be proud of my conviction of conscience।
Travel has been an absentee over the past few years। Holidays were just rest breaks from work. I lacked the motivation to experience the exuberance that others enjoyed, preferring to stand as Spartan overseer whilst they lived the dream. So it was against the norm and upon a whim that I took a 5 day trip to Sweden, armed only with a passport, a small amount of cash and a lack of language skills to visit / stay with a internet friend. It was a case when the heart won the battle over the head and reaped good reward. I gained an insight into the culture, lifestyle and environment of a land that was only a distant memory of another past. Though it was with good reason I have been unable to do so, I realised what I had been missing out on. It was an enjoyable event that whetted my appetite for more. Belgium? Luxembourg? Germany? Where next? Hmm, just waiting for the invitation then. The World is so much more accessible nowadays – (perhaps it always was?)
Finally the inspiration of youth gave me confidence in the creation of this Blog. If nothing else I have the opportunity to express my thoughts and feelings to the masses (or those who care to read!) for their perusal, comments welcomed. Though it has been within the past 3 weeks I have discovered a lot about myself, and of others – far more than they realise (buried deep are their demons so much that they are unaware) – My thoughts are with them in their continuing strife, for they will need it. The headaches still battle within, but the cause I feel has a returning warrior to pick up the banner and steadfast be prominent. The search for my soul mate continues * Peace + Love ~ Save the Planet *

1 comment: