The Man behind the Mask

The Man behind the Mask
However, - As Alice will tell you - What you see is not necessarily - What you get !

About Me

My photo
I think of myself as a Hippie, your opinion is noted for sure. I’m not lazy or dirty or weird, + I know not if there is a cure. I live my life as I do wish to, you may not be my number 1 fan. But I have my beliefs and my feelings, allow me them if you so can. Peace Justice + freedom are uppermost, in the mental list I have in my head.I am not for oppression + violence, my opinion, I feel, must be said. Don’t mock as I sit with my flowers, cut out all those jibes at my dress. Don’t treat me with contempt + with fury, it’s the World that is sat in a mess. I know I annoy you with questions, I know that you wish me away. But I’m here to stay + I promise, if you listen then you’ll realise one day. I am not full of hot air + rubbish, there are remedies that can be found. But we must work together, as comrades + work out the ideas that are sound. If you don’t + you shun me forever, don’t take in the things that I say. I’ll sympathise + continue to irritate, + always I'll remain so this way.

My Girls

My Girls
At their Hotel (?)

Sunday 8 April 2012

April Springs

In a week that has seen the full range of seasonal climate, it seems April has certainly Sprung in action. The garden showed signs of activity with the appearance of squirrels, tits and a wandering Reynard. The countryside is; I'm glad to say, is never far away, Wyth in the Shaw.
I return to work and though that was a bit of a disappointing, it was pleasing to be greeted by the smile and genuine welcome from a Blue-eyed Blonde female of usually direct opine.
The atmosphere is generally warm and I wonder if it has to do with the managerial style of those who are absentees and the one who is in, being of fair assessment and respectful stature?
At home I receive the last of my three presentations regarding the benefits of Solar Panel instillation - The principles were set out, the ideology agreeable and the price I guess was worth it - however, not necessarily for me! An investment earlier in my years would certainly have been worthwhile; though a quarter century away, for someone whose bills(for a single occupancy) meant that it was not a good judgement call for to make. Usually I go with the instinct of my heart, though on this occasion, I have to cede that the call of the head that is more prudent :-(
A daughter's call sees me call around with her Mum (for I need some clinical control in my calculations)to discus her wedding plans - the "privilege" of a fathers responsibility is accepted - for which parent does not want the best for their child?
I sign up to be a 'Twit' with a similar curiosity that I had in enrolling onto the Book of Face. I find it follows an offhand comment made by a friend and upon my feelings "at the moment in time". It does afford the opportunity to, and allows access to a couple of sites of visual wonder (i.e. NASA), "Unusual" people (i.e. Yoko Ono Lennon) and other areas of oddity.
So; despite some peoples' perception - I am far from being a Luddite, and am willing to give most things a go ("if you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always had")
Latterly, a sister of a good pal of mine made contact with me was a nice surprise. It was a friend from my schooldays, so when I calculated the last time we saw each other was 35 yrs+ ago, the word that came to mind was = Ouch! I guess it happens to us all - it is the way we choose to deal with age that ensures longevity of life ... MeThinks :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment