The Man behind the Mask

The Man behind the Mask
However, - As Alice will tell you - What you see is not necessarily - What you get !

About Me

My photo
I think of myself as a Hippie, your opinion is noted for sure. I’m not lazy or dirty or weird, + I know not if there is a cure. I live my life as I do wish to, you may not be my number 1 fan. But I have my beliefs and my feelings, allow me them if you so can. Peace Justice + freedom are uppermost, in the mental list I have in my head.I am not for oppression + violence, my opinion, I feel, must be said. Don’t mock as I sit with my flowers, cut out all those jibes at my dress. Don’t treat me with contempt + with fury, it’s the World that is sat in a mess. I know I annoy you with questions, I know that you wish me away. But I’m here to stay + I promise, if you listen then you’ll realise one day. I am not full of hot air + rubbish, there are remedies that can be found. But we must work together, as comrades + work out the ideas that are sound. If you don’t + you shun me forever, don’t take in the things that I say. I’ll sympathise + continue to irritate, + always I'll remain so this way.

My Girls

My Girls
At their Hotel (?)

Friday 20 April 2012

HIPPIE: Connections or conflict? - REVIEW

Definitley a difference, although there are I feel connections of conviction and issues of environmental attunement. Thoughout my life I have held a conviction of conscience that has seen me stand against the normality of convention. It has seen ridicule and isolation; that is social status - although to be fair, there has been; though begrudging respect for this.
A child in/of the 60s, the Hippie movement was one which I grew up with and indulged in with vigour, for  freedom is, perhaps, best experienced as a youthful enthusiastic dreamer of optimism and drive. Having said that "60's children never grow old, for they creative mindset, and believe in the glory of one's individual soul" 
As an Arien, whilst this ideaology of steadfast commitment aligned with Protest and Protect; and for those who were there, the (frequent) over reaction to such was meted out with too aggressive response, it was for just causes. It demanded inner mental and indeed spiritual strength and character.
Spiritual embracement; it is said, not something that easily sits with an Arien, though in my darkest hours I have found comfort in the influence/s that are there in the aura. I embraced such and; upon reflection, have always lived my life with the basic principles of respect for nature, belief in the elemental influences and Lore of the past.
The universal possibilities that are as infinite as our imagination will allow - influence back though man-made, natural or even super natural means, are I feel 'Wonders to behold'. we just have to have an open mind to appreciate and end enjoy them.
I guess I muse upon the question, 'is the answer to quell the anger of Arien Hippie-ness, to embrace to spiritual persona of Pagan-ness, for to attain inner contentment'? a balance that sways with the wind of changes within society, along with media and corporate influences    
Though one can draw a degree of comparrisons, be they, 'Peace and Love, Save the Planet' and 'Freedom of the individual', even the traditions of Pagaganism have slightly different branches that grow from the trunk of it's tree of life, love on longevity.
The self-discipline for both is such, that I do feel a comparassion that can be drawn, just travelling along the same road, to the beat of a different drum?

No comments:

Post a Comment