The Man behind the Mask

The Man behind the Mask
However, - As Alice will tell you - What you see is not necessarily - What you get !

About Me

My photo
I think of myself as a Hippie, your opinion is noted for sure. I’m not lazy or dirty or weird, + I know not if there is a cure. I live my life as I do wish to, you may not be my number 1 fan. But I have my beliefs and my feelings, allow me them if you so can. Peace Justice + freedom are uppermost, in the mental list I have in my head.I am not for oppression + violence, my opinion, I feel, must be said. Don’t mock as I sit with my flowers, cut out all those jibes at my dress. Don’t treat me with contempt + with fury, it’s the World that is sat in a mess. I know I annoy you with questions, I know that you wish me away. But I’m here to stay + I promise, if you listen then you’ll realise one day. I am not full of hot air + rubbish, there are remedies that can be found. But we must work together, as comrades + work out the ideas that are sound. If you don’t + you shun me forever, don’t take in the things that I say. I’ll sympathise + continue to irritate, + always I'll remain so this way.

My Girls

My Girls
At their Hotel (?)

Sunday 2 October 2011

October – here already

With my snippets of (US) Blog “a week of” completed, I return to what I hope will be a weekly review. The past seven days have seen another period of more work and less play until Friday’s arrival. With each weekend, I find there is so, a temptation to sit in front of the TV, PC or stay in bed for a longer lie in than is necessary.
Having to work is a chore of necessity sure, though I do wish that it could give greater fulfilment than the dissatisfaction that is seems to do these days. Due to the current national financial climate, we are all experiencing cost cutting and that infamous but consequential word ‘streamlining’ with too much emphasis set on achieving targets, meaning quantity over quality bound to be affected – ah well, moan over (for now)!
My previous weeks shift times saw not much time other than work, sleep and a cramming in of everything else one, wonders if the dreaded age is a catching up on me? Happy is the shift change!
This week however, the weather brightened, and the long awaited summers warmth with record temperatures - for August! The garden got a degree of attention; with trimming, mowing and the clearing of autumnal leaves – along with the obligatory wind-swept rubbish from a near and far to deal with
Whilst nice, it is however a degree sad, in so much that the global climate is so effected by seasonal anomalies that the birds, bees, flowers and trees are somewhat at a loss as to what they are supposed to be doing – and what’s next? Maybe those sci-fi films aren’t too far off target with the Earth shifting axis, solar increase and Natures payback?
The more I reflect and muse; I find such deliberation seeing more regret than optimism. Is it all Black, dark and a winding down? Is there a coming back from the position we as the planets custodians have placed upon our race? Yes I have seen “2012”, and found it horrible in a number of ways: - Nothing can stop Nature, Money talks and how unlikely is it that the meek will inherit the Earth. (Rebellion only worked for those who were in some way ‘in the know’ and nobody made room for Green Environmentalists on those arks) – yes it was only a film, but some of the issues are not that far off the mark – I know, it’s another conspiracy theory – gets worse with years
However, after I get all down on things I look not only to my daughters, but my granddaughter too, and there I see a hope in and for the future. They say children keep one young, well I can dig that philosophy and so indulge with a return to the innocence of youth, be it placard in hand or finger on the keyboard to champion change; although not for changes sake! Continue to write, dream and work for better days ahead – as Scarlett O’Hara said “Tomorrow, is another day”.

No comments:

Post a Comment