The Man behind the Mask

The Man behind the Mask
However, - As Alice will tell you - What you see is not necessarily - What you get !

About Me

My photo
I think of myself as a Hippie, your opinion is noted for sure. I’m not lazy or dirty or weird, + I know not if there is a cure. I live my life as I do wish to, you may not be my number 1 fan. But I have my beliefs and my feelings, allow me them if you so can. Peace Justice + freedom are uppermost, in the mental list I have in my head.I am not for oppression + violence, my opinion, I feel, must be said. Don’t mock as I sit with my flowers, cut out all those jibes at my dress. Don’t treat me with contempt + with fury, it’s the World that is sat in a mess. I know I annoy you with questions, I know that you wish me away. But I’m here to stay + I promise, if you listen then you’ll realise one day. I am not full of hot air + rubbish, there are remedies that can be found. But we must work together, as comrades + work out the ideas that are sound. If you don’t + you shun me forever, don’t take in the things that I say. I’ll sympathise + continue to irritate, + always I'll remain so this way.

My Girls

My Girls
At their Hotel (?)

Friday 17 February 2012

DREAMCATCHER: - REVIEW

D is my Dreamcatcher.
Though I have wind chimes that add a simple symphony of melody to my empty home, pride of place goes to my Dreamcatcher of original Native American design and origin.As the musical chimes deflect and ward off negative energy, my Dreamcatcher, holds the imaginative creativity of my spiritual subconscious; which I embrace with grateful indulgence, whilst preventing the dark nightmares to slip through. Receivers of sacred spiritual messages, I have seen them in bright colours and intricate design, though mine is simple, delicate and inspires me.
One legend states the good dreams slide through the feather to those in slumber, providing peace and comfort, whilst those bad are trapped in the web perishing in the light of dawn.
Originating from the Lakota / Sioux tribe, there is record of relics going back over 1500 years. The traditions of Sioux construction sees the tying of sinew strands in a web around a small round or tear-shaped frame of willow, with the addition of feather, bead and items of particular memento, an Owl feather for wisdom, an Eagle feather for courage and gems; like crystals of special properties being of special significance.
Although there is a slightly alternate view: -
LAKOTA LEGEND OF THE DREAM CATCHER
When the world was young, an old Lakota spiritual leader had a vision. Iktomi, the great trickster and teacher of wisdom, appeared in the form of a spider. Speaking in a sacred language only known to the spiritual leaders of Lakota, he took the elder's willow hoop of feathers, horse hair, beads and offerings began to spin a web. He spoke of the cycle of life, how we begin as infants, move from childhood to adulthood, and finally to old age where we must be taken care of as infants, thus completing the cycle. He continued "in each time of life there are many forces, some good and some bad.
Listening to the good will steer you wisely, and be warned, the bad will hurt and damage you"
"There are many forces and different directions that help or interfere with the harmony of nature"The spider wove from the outside and worked towards the centre. He gave the Lakota elder the web saying "the web is a perfect circle but there is a hole in the centre of the circle." "Use it to help yourself and your people to reach your goals, make good use of your people's ideas, dreams and visions. If you believe in the Great Spirit, the web will catch your good ideas and the bad ones will go through the hole."

The Lakota elder passed on his vision to the Sioux, who use the dream catcher as the web of life to sift their dreams and visions.
The belief that the dream catcher holds the destiny of their future continues.I particularly like tale of how stories of life and legend are passed on through the generations; from parent to child, grandparent to grandchild – and that practice is certainly on the agenda for me
(Legend/tale = Courtesy of http://www.firstpeople.us/FP-Html-Legends/Dreamcatcher-Lakota.html-)

No comments:

Post a Comment