The Man behind the Mask

The Man behind the Mask
However, - As Alice will tell you - What you see is not necessarily - What you get !

About Me

My photo
I think of myself as a Hippie, your opinion is noted for sure. I’m not lazy or dirty or weird, + I know not if there is a cure. I live my life as I do wish to, you may not be my number 1 fan. But I have my beliefs and my feelings, allow me them if you so can. Peace Justice + freedom are uppermost, in the mental list I have in my head.I am not for oppression + violence, my opinion, I feel, must be said. Don’t mock as I sit with my flowers, cut out all those jibes at my dress. Don’t treat me with contempt + with fury, it’s the World that is sat in a mess. I know I annoy you with questions, I know that you wish me away. But I’m here to stay + I promise, if you listen then you’ll realise one day. I am not full of hot air + rubbish, there are remedies that can be found. But we must work together, as comrades + work out the ideas that are sound. If you don’t + you shun me forever, don’t take in the things that I say. I’ll sympathise + continue to irritate, + always I'll remain so this way.

My Girls

My Girls
At their Hotel (?)

Friday 20 January 2012

BLUE MOON - REVIEW:

B is for Blue Moon.
Long before the chants from the football (/soccer) terraces, the 1981 film of a 'Bad Moon Rising' and the 1961 'Marcels' hit record, there was, is and will be the 'Blue Moon'. English usage of the title; according to the Oxford English Dictionary, refers to a Blue Moon coming from a proverb recorded in 1528: -
"If they say the moon is blue, we must believe that it is true"
The next expected occurrence being 21/08/13 then 21/05/16 with the next time a Blue Moon due to dawn on New Year’s Eve being 2028 - Witch will coincide with a total lunar eclipse - surely is worth the wait? The familiar phrase "once in a blue moon" is, it seems, not a mere expression. Blue Luna; I feel, has a magical allure – indeed, it is a time when many covens hold their initiations.
Whist signifying rarity, reported sightings at two notable events in history, Krakatoa (1883) and more recently Mount St. Helens (1980) is quite ominous, so may be just as well less frequent.
Pagan Lore has varying definitions, with the origin unsubstantiated. One is that it holds an energy held by Grandmother Goddess in her 3 forms of Maiden, Mother and Crone (similarly, it is aligned with the auras of Mind, Body and Spirit) The later evolution of Christianity, associating such with the Divine Trinity of Father, Son and Holy Spirit also shows a symbol of reverence. Other traditions favour the transition of knowledge and teachings, resulting in enlightenment. That she represents a time of heightened or clearer communication, of and for our mental awareness, when we are more attuned to and linking of both masculine and feminine spiritual clarity and thereby more apt to yield a greater insight. I have; as far back as I can remember, felt drawn to the serene calmness that Lady Luna brings. When frustrated in mind, heart or body, when dazed and confused and when opening up to the realisation of I find her silent presence. Each of us attune with an element of significance. Not only am I drawn to Luna beauty, I am with that of the Wolf; such a union that seems to be inevitably connected.
Forlorn too is the myth of a lover pining for a love of unification that never will be, the sadness of Blue may too have a significance; dependant on circumstance and/or relevance. Still, though Blue may be the colour, there is also; I feel, a conclusion that upon the end of the night, and by the next day the vision is all that is Blue; of sadness, negativity and ill fortune will be gone, and a new dawn of hope and better favour will be upon all
BLUE MOON
Beaming down, through darkest night
Luna glows, with coloured light
Under witch, we all can share
Enlightenment, and with gentle care
Moonbeams, that with glow she brings
Overtures - that sweetly sing
Of Witch we all, embrace anew
Natures gift - through moon of Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment