The Man behind the Mask

The Man behind the Mask
However, - As Alice will tell you - What you see is not necessarily - What you get !

About Me

My photo
I think of myself as a Hippie, your opinion is noted for sure. I’m not lazy or dirty or weird, + I know not if there is a cure. I live my life as I do wish to, you may not be my number 1 fan. But I have my beliefs and my feelings, allow me them if you so can. Peace Justice + freedom are uppermost, in the mental list I have in my head.I am not for oppression + violence, my opinion, I feel, must be said. Don’t mock as I sit with my flowers, cut out all those jibes at my dress. Don’t treat me with contempt + with fury, it’s the World that is sat in a mess. I know I annoy you with questions, I know that you wish me away. But I’m here to stay + I promise, if you listen then you’ll realise one day. I am not full of hot air + rubbish, there are remedies that can be found. But we must work together, as comrades + work out the ideas that are sound. If you don’t + you shun me forever, don’t take in the things that I say. I’ll sympathise + continue to irritate, + always I'll remain so this way.

My Girls

My Girls
At their Hotel (?)

Sunday 8 January 2012

Week 1 2K12

It is the first week of 2012, and just as a Monday morning is a disappointment to the week when returning to work, I like to take leave of absence at this time from returning to society norm – so I did. It does, I feel, provide a respite following the hullabaloo of Christian and New Year celebrations.
I begin my first project of the year with a commitment of noting daily thoughts in my page a day diary; which in the past I have waned in my fortitude of such. At least this year, the impetus to provide review notes for my weekly Blog may, give reason to commit to such.
Three days in, and a now re-opened barber shop sees somewhat of a change, and a number 3, squared back and fringe cut sees fresh face for a fresh year.
Because; it would seem, of the festive break, I receive a belated Yuletide present from across the pond - what an admirable gift it be. The adoption of an endangered animal is the least one can do, and it was my friend Emily who did so, on my behalf. Her choice was a Gray Wolf; an animal in real decline, on behalf of defenders of wildlife organisation. It is an obvious; though very much overlooked choice of gift, and be it animals (endangered), natures woes (rain forests) humanitarian (destitution, post war and natural disasters) need, or the Green warriors of conviction, it seems to me there can be few more gratifying gifts to give than a donation to others who; despite our moaning and groaning about how down we are, there are others and places lying in far darker places than we are, go to or even dare not think to be. It is a choice of gift; appropriate to the person, of which I intend to make to others in lieu of my affection and conviction of conscience.
I explain to my Grand Daughter my thinking on this, and it brings a smile to her face; so I know she approves and will be duly appreciative. I have the pleasure of her company for a full day which is always nice and educational (though to whom, and by whom is debatable)
In the latter part of the first period of anew, I make contact with another FB friend; whom I originally met two years plus ago whilst at the educational establishment of union training. Now politically active for a party to which she has an affinity with. The date we arrange should meet with interesting topic, theme and discussion.A minor concern is a loss of strength to my right hand. The elbow is a location of pain, with the broken bone to my hand feeling the curse of arthritis that deprives me of the actions that my body can’t, but my mind thinks it ought to be able to do. Ho hum, I’ll deal, it’s not like it’s the end of the world – although it is 2012 – Ooh Err

No comments:

Post a Comment