The Man behind the Mask

The Man behind the Mask
However, - As Alice will tell you - What you see is not necessarily - What you get !

About Me

My photo
I think of myself as a Hippie, your opinion is noted for sure. I’m not lazy or dirty or weird, + I know not if there is a cure. I live my life as I do wish to, you may not be my number 1 fan. But I have my beliefs and my feelings, allow me them if you so can. Peace Justice + freedom are uppermost, in the mental list I have in my head.I am not for oppression + violence, my opinion, I feel, must be said. Don’t mock as I sit with my flowers, cut out all those jibes at my dress. Don’t treat me with contempt + with fury, it’s the World that is sat in a mess. I know I annoy you with questions, I know that you wish me away. But I’m here to stay + I promise, if you listen then you’ll realise one day. I am not full of hot air + rubbish, there are remedies that can be found. But we must work together, as comrades + work out the ideas that are sound. If you don’t + you shun me forever, don’t take in the things that I say. I’ll sympathise + continue to irritate, + always I'll remain so this way.

My Girls

My Girls
At their Hotel (?)

Friday 23 March 2012

FREEDOM: - REVIEW

Back in the day of my youth, there was the 60's. A time when Berlin built a wall, Presidents and statesmen were assassinated, when peoples World Wide were facing oppression, discrimination and prejudice - there were pioneers.
Those who with a passion were prepared not only to put their bodies, but their lives, on the line for equality, civil rights along with those of the individual to have free thought. Just as Faith was; and to some is still, a matter of perpetual challenge, so is that of freedom.
One can draw comparison with this; and not to go on (again) over the grounds of Protest and (Peaceful) disorder. Freedom is not just a desire but should be a right, under WW protection. Paganism is only one aspect of when rite is right to defend.
Along with faith, the inner satisfaction that this gives reaches far into the aura, and as such provides a joyous experience that we all should be able to share. In order to fully appreciate this however, it is wise to acknowledge some parameters to be aware of, these being courtesy, respect, tolerance and acceptance of a common good.
Though this 24/7 World spends it's time far too often focusing on the single minded necessity to achieve material achievements, and in doing so, overrides the rights of individuals and ecological beauty and natural balance. Nature is often ignored when it comes to progression in favour of corporate precedence. We all have a responsibility to react to any kind of philosophy that neglects the values that we of this faith hold be be true. Whether it is for environmental, religious or the fundamental right of free speech, whilst there is an inner calling then freedom of expression should be allowed to be voiced, at times championed but never taken for granted.
It seems to me that Paganism is going through a phase of popularity - and long may this continue, although I wonder if this thought should be true. I muse upon this, should this credo be embraced 'as a possible fad? Maybe it is better to be taken up by fewer though more dedicated followers and practioners of the craft? Perhaps that is why I feel the advertising,marketing and promotion of faith. and not religious doctrine of one 'should' be the way forward - there is still reverence in respect and freedom of choice, and it it is that witch should be more the case.
Back in the day the fight was for freedom,sadly though probably inevitably, as with the cycle of wheel, the fight will continue? The crux of the matter is that too often we take our freedom for granted and this right is sometimes (if not often) misinterpretated - not to say manipulated."Vigilance is the price we pay for freedom" (to paraphrase Thomas Jefferson/Andrew Jackson/ Ida Wells and Wendell Phillips)
Freedom is integral to our future -'Lest we forget'

1 comment: