The Man behind the Mask

The Man behind the Mask
However, - As Alice will tell you - What you see is not necessarily - What you get !

About Me

My photo
I think of myself as a Hippie, your opinion is noted for sure. I’m not lazy or dirty or weird, + I know not if there is a cure. I live my life as I do wish to, you may not be my number 1 fan. But I have my beliefs and my feelings, allow me them if you so can. Peace Justice + freedom are uppermost, in the mental list I have in my head.I am not for oppression + violence, my opinion, I feel, must be said. Don’t mock as I sit with my flowers, cut out all those jibes at my dress. Don’t treat me with contempt + with fury, it’s the World that is sat in a mess. I know I annoy you with questions, I know that you wish me away. But I’m here to stay + I promise, if you listen then you’ll realise one day. I am not full of hot air + rubbish, there are remedies that can be found. But we must work together, as comrades + work out the ideas that are sound. If you don’t + you shun me forever, don’t take in the things that I say. I’ll sympathise + continue to irritate, + always I'll remain so this way.

My Girls

My Girls
At their Hotel (?)

Sunday 11 March 2012

I guess I was right, then

A weekend move for Mum saw the unpacking of many items of nostalgic memory. Though one can with the best of intention try to assist in the sorting out out items, when they have such a personal connection to another the task is all the more testing. These mementos are more than mere items and objects. They hold a sensitive meaning to the individual, and as such require a choice of the owner and not the helper I feel.
One thing I have found with the sifting and sorting of the many items there be, is as a parents child, I have a similarity of mindset, and also have amassed far too much 'bits and bobs' and duplicated items of 'just in case'. A lesson for to downsizing for to be learnt for sure. The only way I can deal is the Black bag method - (sort and sling) - clinical cleansing I guess, still, at least mum has got a good deal of her essentials sorted out, the crossing the T's and dotting the I's of unpacking can come in time.
Time to return my Wicca book; whilst one can never learn all, a little is never wasted and the bits I have picked up has enabled me to attain the degree of interest for future educational development, an opportunity, not to be missed.
Well, well, last weeks minor paranoia seems to have had a degree of accuracy about. Leaving it to the 11th hour to hand in my nomination form, it was only a matter of hours before I received contact advising me that although they had promised to let me know details and update of the position, because of meetings and having to 'go out' they had failed to inform me that another person had put themselves forward for the role - so did I want to withdraw it? I (of course) replied, having done background research, communication with work fellows and the preparation of written election address I wished not, to take it back. The question, "So you want me to run a ballot then"? was met with a firm "Yes"! Even though I have an idea that someone has been 'earmarked' for the position, I really don't like the idea of covert planning.
How disappointing to know that even within a counsel of unison, there seems to be a cliche elite.
I guess I am indeed Olde Bill Ken obi - though that in itself is not a bad thing to be.
Conviction of conscience has, is and will be the only thing I can rely upon

No comments:

Post a Comment